Click here to go to Early and Co. website

Thursday

Loosen up and PRAISE. Your staffer will feel better, and so will you!

Since I work with banks every day, I’m sensitive to regs, current issues, opportunities. I have a business bank account in my home community, and I recently sent this letter to the area supervisor of one of the bank tellers. I’m changing the town name and the names of the people involved, but everything else is exactly as I wrote it. My letter will be in quotes. 

 “ Dear Judy, 

I’m sending you this note to commend Susan Johnson, a Branch Service Leader at one of your Brownsville offices. Susan has never asked me, or in any way implied to me, that I should send you a commendation letter. I just strongly believe that if we feel we have the right to complain when poor service is given, we should also step up and acknowledge excellent service when it is given! 

In these times of economic challenge, too few employees understand the importance of providing customer service that goes beyond customer expectations. Susan does. Every time I come into the bank, Susan greets me with a smile and calls me by name. And it’s not just me. She does the same with just about every other customer too! Over the years, I’ve heard many customers comment on it positively. When I deal with Susan at the teller window, everything is always handled professionally and efficiently too. The bottom line is, I feel good when I leave the bank! 

One reason I am especially sensitive to the area of outstanding customer service is that I own a business where one of our services is providing customer service training to banks. On more than one occasion while training, I have used Susan as an example of how bank customers would like to be treated. Susan is great! 

Sincerely, 
C. Nelson Early” 

Did the letter help Susan? Yes. Did it help me at least as much? Absolutely!!! My application lesson for you as a banker: Don’t spare the praise for your staffers who’ve earned your praise. Everyone benefits, especially the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment